Titebond III, how good is it?

How waterproof is it? I just made a temporary 24" eavestrough out of scraps of 1x4 and plywood to get me through to spring. Starting in a few days it will see constant water from either heavy frost on the roof or melting snow. It's not leaking now. What kind of shape will it be in next spring? This should be a pretty good test of the glue don't you think?

If anyone is interested I can post results in the spring.

Reply to
Paul Mosley

Just to test the technique, I made a raft out of tongue and groved PT lumber, glued together with TBII. I anchored it in a lake. 8 months later it was good as new.

Never used TBIII, but if it is as good as TBII, you will be fine.

Reply to
Toller

The ply may be the weak point in this depending on what type it was and how it was used in the construction.

If it isn't _standing_ water, I'd expect it to survive just fine.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

It's very good, all I will use now.

Reply to
Tom O'Connor

you use only ONE kinda glue? what stuff do you build?

Dave

Reply to
David