This could work...

I don't know what the letter designation would be, but as I sit here I have a $1,000,000 bill stuffed away in my desk drawer. Too bad it is one of those novelty bills! It looks and feels real. I carry it sometimes and try buy stuff with it. Allot of people look it over, and ask, "is it real?". Nobody ever has cash available to break it though! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

They paid the material costs and it took about 80 hours, so it came out better than a Wal-Mart greeter wage :-) Of course, if I knew what I was doing, it would have taken less than half the time.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

A manufactured widget.

Reply to
Leon

Howdy,

I am sure that is fun...

I am also sure that the Treasury Department would not be amused. You are messing with the potential for serious trouble with that sort of seemingly innocent joke. Those Treasury folks are not a fun group.

All the best,

Reply to
Kenneth

Also equivalent to two D's

Note: those steel-engraved portraits of Grover Cleveland are _hard_ to come by.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

A genuine "Grover Cleveland" is a _lot_ more valuable.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Ther was a lady in our area that tried to buy something and pay with a phony $1,000,000. The clerk, of course, refused it. The lady persisted! She is sitting in jail at this time because of it! I take it out from time to time, and when I get a funny smile from the clerk, I take it back. Never pushed the issue! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Howdy,

Perhaps you never pushed the issue from your perspective, but...

One store keeper who got up on the wrong side of the bed could put you in real trouble...

All the best,

Reply to
Kenneth

At a place I used to work, a woman brought her dipstick teenage daughter in for the day. The lunchroom had several vending machines and a $1/$5 bill changer. Dipstick took a $5 bill, made a photocopy, colored it in with a green magic marker, and ran it through the bill changer, getting 5 Susan B. Anthonys in return. When Mom realized the potential for serious charges, she informed the VP, who called the vending company. The vending company was more amused than pissed, and graciously settled for the return of the money and an apology without notifying the authorities.

Now I don't know about you, but if I'm designing sensors for a bill changer, the FIRST thing I would guard against is a dipstick with a magic marker.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Are there still $1,000 bills in Canada?

Reply to
p_j

I wonder if that is urban legend. I don't think the government ever printed a $1,000,000. bill. I wonder how they could charge counterfeiting on something that never existed.

Reply to
Leon

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 20:40:23 GMT, "Oregon" scribbled:

"nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 20:09:00 -0500, p snipped-for-privacy@postzzzmark.net (p_j) scribbled:

Not for long:

"nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

It was in our local paper, apparently the woman is a bit of a nut! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

There was at least one, 15 years ago. A quick Google search suggest the M note is the highest denomination Canuck bill in circulation.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Sun, Apr 11, 2004, 10:33pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@SPAMLESSrcn.com (Kenneth) says: I am sure that is fun... I am also sure that the Treasury Department would not be amused. You are messing with the potential for serious trouble with that sort of seemingly innocent joke. Those Treasury folks are not a fun group.

Ah, let him play. When he gets picked up for trying to pass funny money, he'll learn. Apparently, a women got picked up for just that, trying to buy stuff with a $1,000,000 bill, a bit back. Heard it on the news. Dunno if she's till in the jug, or not.

JOAT Don't e-mail me while I'm breathing.

Reply to
J T

Apr 11, 2004, 7:37pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@nonet.ca (Luigi=A0Zanasi) posted:

That references a blivit. Different thing altogether. I heard of blivits long ago, in the military, long, long, time before I ever came around here. A blivit (or blivet), was always referred to as trying to put 10 lbs of crap, in a 5 lb paper bag. Generally used in some sort of reference to a 2LT.

JOAT Don't e-mail me while I'm breathing.

Reply to
J T

LOL.. Yeah...

Reply to
Leon

One time when I needed $6000 cash for a raffle, I had my bank get one for me. (Canadian $1000 dollar bill). Took them two days to order it in. It's got a bird on it, a Grosbeak if I remember. It was kind of neat, but I liked the stack of $100 dollar bills better. Told my friends I had 25 feet of money. (6" each). You'd think that $5000 cash laid end to end would be longer than that.

Reply to
Upscale

I had mine in 1994

Reply to