The 11th hour of the 11th month...

Tomorrow is Remembrance Day here in Canada (and in Australia and Great Britain), when we honour those who have served, those who have fought, and those who have died in defence of our freedom. They will not be forgotten.

To the wreckers who have served, I offer the sincere thanks of myself and my family. I salute you.

----------------------------------------- In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow, Loved and were loved, and now we lie In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe: To you from failing hands we throw The torch; be yours to hold it high. If ye break faith with us who die We shall not sleep, though poppies grow In Flanders fields.

- John McCrae

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Thanks Dave I spent 10 years in the Air Force and lost friends over Egypt in the 70's when the Buffalo they were flying in was shot down for no reason other than the typical arab terrorist mentality (I say arab because that's what the vast majority of them are and these were) other than "O look pretty white airplane with no guns or bombs let's shoot at them because they can't shoot back." They were on a so called UN peace keeping mission, grossly downplayed by our government and forgotten by most Canadians.

Rick

Reply to
RKG