Thanks, Dad

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in news:31t1m5p912g9cgfus3fvsmkqequa5sqo2n@

4ax.com:

I think it is nice not to have to suffer from mental disintegration. I certainly didn't like it when Dad was sitting in the hospital chair chewing newspaper, becaue "it is the antidote to the posin the Germans are giving me".

We need to be clearminded (= not too sentimetal, but almost like ruthless) to think of "nice" ways to quit this life. These things are far from easy, and there are always questions of in hindsight I/we could have done differently.

DAMHIKT.

In the aggregate, it is best to do a lot of talking amongst the family members and making decisions that are well thought out, not at the spur of the moment, but agreed upon in as much consensus as possible. The welfare (mental as well as physical) of the affected family member is what should count.

(I had minor surgery and am taking pain medications, so please excuse ramblings that you might not agree with)

Reply to
Han

"Leon" wrote in news:DY2dnZJ8kuAhWf3WnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Also my condolences, Leon. Please be assured of the compassion we all feel.

Reply to
Han

While I was only trying to comfort Allen, "in this particular instance", I truly feel his pain. My intention was not to hijack his thread or draw attention to me but more to let him know that he had some one right beside him in his time of grief.

To those that have directly responded and made comments here in this thread, Thank you. Some of us have not seen eye to eye in the past but in this time of grief you have not let our differences stand in the way. Thank you again for your heart felt comments.

In my mothers case she had lived a long and full life. On December 10th she and my dad received the news that she most likely had cancer in her lungs and liver. That also happened to be their 60th wedding anniversary. In the days and weeks that followed I made countless trips taking them to the Dr's. office and the clinics and the hospitals for further diagnosis, treatment, and testing. As many of you probably know she had stage 4 lung cancer and the prognosis was terminal. I am thankful that she really never suffered with that terrible disease.

The last of the "Charlotte, Burn's Girls" is resting now. 8/1/1922 -

1/27/2010

Thank you all.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

Man... I missed that during my last cursory glance at the posts here. My condolences, to you and yours. The end also ends the suffering. She's in a better place.

Rob

Reply to
Robatoy

Condolences Allen

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

So sorry to hear that Leon. Condolences to you and your family

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

My condolences to you Leon and also for Allen, tis a sad thing indeed.

Rgds Phil.

Reply to
Phil