Tatry Radial arm saw: Toronto

Hello,

I am new to the group and hope to learn a lot here.

I recently acquired a Tatry saw as above. Model # 1420.

I was wondering if anyone has any info on the Tatry saws. Google in this case was not my friend.

I also need help in finding reasonably priced blades for this saw. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Av8fan66

The only blade you need for a radial arm saw is the Forrest WW1 blade, special order with the TCP - Triple Chip Profile. It's available only by special order and calling Forrest directly at 800-733-7111 ext 314 and ask for Charles. This blade cannot be ordered from the Forrest Website.

This blade is a true universal omni directional blade and works well in the RAS.. The only other blade you will need is the Forrest Dado!

Reply to
Rumpty

I'd still recommend a rip blade over a combination one were to rip much...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

As in addition to, not solely instead of...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

If you use a WW1 blade with the TCP profile there is no need for a rip blade on the RAS. In my shop we have used this blade for over 20 years and it's great for ripping on the RAS.

Reply to
Rumpty

Can anyone tell me where I could find replacement parts for a Tatry 10" Radial Arm Saw? i.e. The blade guard???

Reply to
dontknowanythingabouttools