Craftsman radial arm saw motor runs slow

I have a Crafstsman radil arm saw model 113.197.150. When I went to use it today it started but the motor turned very slow. When I pulled the motor apart I found to small wires not connected (I think they go to the voltage switch) could that be my problem, or maybe the capacitor. I dont have a wiring diagrahm so any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
rmorrison9773

"I found two small wires not connected "

Huh!? Were they ever connected to anything? If not apparent, probably not. Thus look elsewhere for the cause of the problem. Is there a capacitor in the existing circuit? Do any of the coils appear darkened? Black, burnt? Does the motor employ brushes against an armature? If so, have you examined both parts?

Reply to
resrfglc

I also have had this problem. I took it to a motor repair shop. I forgot which part gets dusty but all he did was to blow out the dust in the motor with an air hose. I had the problem again a couple of years later and did the same thing (blew the motor out with an air hose) and it works fine. Hope this helps.

Reply to
foster239

I also have had this problem. I took it to a motor repair shop. I forgot which part gets dusty but all he did was to blow out the dust in the motor with an air hose. I had the problem again a couple of years later and did the same thing (blew the motor out with an air hose) and it works fine. Hope this helps.

Reply to
foster239

Me Too.

Had the same experience with a Sears table saw (practically and antique now). A good blow out with the shop vac put it back into service.

Old Guy

Reply to
Old guy