T-Track router bits

Anyone here used the bits that cut t-slots for things like hold downs and stop blocks etc?? I was going to buy some aluminum t-track and thought that if this bit does a good job of making the tracks I would just get one of them instead and make all the t-track I want. What I'm worried about though is making the tables and fences weaker, and how well they (the routed track) hold up. I'm thinking that little bit of wood that's left that's supposed to hold the head of a bolt would break somewhat easily but I don't know for sure. Anyone??

Jim

-- ....

Reply to
James D Kountz

I'd buy some aluminium t-track. The wood would eventually either break out, or be damaged by regular bolt clamping forces etc.

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

5 Reviews:

- Veritas Shelf Drilling Jig

- Ryobi CID1802V 18v Cordless Drill

- Workshop Essentials Under $30

- Festool PS 300 Jigsaws

- Delta Universal Tenoning Jig

SawEyes

It'd be fine I guess for a replaceable subfence for a miter gauge or something expendable or a router table fence. But I wouldn't use it for something non-replaceable like a T-slotted miter track in the router table itself.

codepath

Reply to
codepath

I think you can count on it. Especially when you least expect it. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski