when i first started using T-slot jigs (et al) on my router table i
just routed the required slots. and it worked just schwell -- well,
for a couple months or so. but over time i noticed my T-slots (and
the jigs (et al) attached to them were getting increasingly sloppy.
so i bit the bullet and routed out the slots previously routed as
T-slots to fit aluminum T-track. and the results have been straight
and reliable ever since (now some 6 or 7 years).
as such, my advice is use aluminum T slots (or titanium, or
unobtanium, or impossilite, or whatever else you can find that is
denser then MDF).
look at it this way, you still get to blow all manner of sawdust all
over yourself when routing out the slots to fit the metal T slots.
so you win both ways: you end up with a Tslot that you can count on
for more that a couple months; and chicks dig you because your hair
is coated with MDF dust.
wow, this the first time i've posted to the wreck in 2.something
years. well, back to my happy lurker mode...
all the best to all of you,
"The dullest end of the pencil is the top of your head" -Franz Kafka
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
"The mistakes are all waiting to be made." -Chess International
Grand Master Savielly Tartakower on the game's opening position.