suggestions on finishing lyptus

any suggestion on finishing lytus (first time using it)?

Len

Reply to
leonard

I'm also interested in ways to finish lyptus. I like that wood! I'd planned to try several finished on a piece of scrap as soon as my garage-turned-workshop gets above freezing....or maybe above 40 degrees F since most finishes say "above 40 degrees F".

I'd planned on trying Tung oil with a paste wax top coat Waterlux Original Shellac

Reply to
Never Enough Money

I did a search in rec.woodworking on lyptus and found many hits. After a quick scan, I hadn't found any comments on finishing it......

I also did a google search with keywords "lyptus wood finish" and found several. For example, look at the bottom of this web page:

interesting page, which mentions lyptus but only has one sentence on finishes, is:

Never Enough Money