Stupid Electrical question

I am probably suggested using a 2P-30A to protect the #10 AWG conductor insulation.

The norm for selecting motor circuit protection is to select a device (fuse or c'bkr) that is about 2.5-3.0 time the nameplate FLA.

30/12.5 = 2.4 which is within spec.

Absolutely. See above.

Part of the reason I suggested using #10 AWG wiring is that it provides just about the lowest cost solution available.

Buy a 25 ft long, 2 conductor with ground molded cord set, then cut of the molded ends and wire up your saw on one end and a suitable 240 VAC male plug on the opposite end.

I'd use a locking device, but that is just personal preference.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

How is that a problem?

Ahhh -- now I see how that's a problem: the electrician was an idiot.

Reply to
Doug Miller

snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in news:4ndSf.43984$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

No, a F%#*ing idiot. Hank