I recently purchased an Inline Industries "Performance Package" for my Delta Contractor's saw. This kit consists of two pulleys and a new belt. When I went to install it this morning I came across a problem.
To remove the rear pulley, you need to remove a set screw and then the motor shaft key. Well, the set screw lived up to its name - it was very much -set- in there. However, after considerable effort and some spray lubricant, the set screw came out.
The motor shaft key is another story. It's not going anywhere - it appears to be very much frozen in place. Now, this is a 12 year old Contractor's saw, but it's been in the Southwest its whole life, so there hasn't been ample opportunity for a part like this to rust in place. Nonetheless, it's really, really REALLY in there.
I've tried pliers, spray lubricant, and even light tapping with a center punch. Nothing seems to make this thing budge.