Strike Plate for Safety Matches?

conduct of public affairs for private advantage. " Ambrose Bierce Bierce is one of the most striking wits America ever produced. great quote.

Reply to
jay

It only took 15 years to get a response. The internet sure speeds things along.

Has anyone heard from Charlie? He used to be very active here years ago. I miss JOAT too, he had some interesting perspectives on life.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

replying to Charlie Self, Cerise Rowan wrote: thank you, the surface provided on matches always wears out... I thought someone must have figured this out..... saw a nice idea on another site, used a canning type jar for the matches the circular part holding a piece of sand paper in place and easily replaceable... nice for those of us in humid areas too, paper holders don't keep wooden matches dry...

Reply to
Cerise Rowan

replying to Ed Pawlowski, Bob S. wrote: I correspond with Charlie on a fairly regular basis and just heard from him today. Having some senior citizen problems but he's still kicking and writing (novel). I'll pass along to him that you asked about him. I'm sure that will help make his day.

Reply to
Bob S.