Strange phone call this morning...

Why? No. I'll not do that. It would serve no purpose to harass him, and is certainly a greater offense than his calling me at quarter to ten. He's done me no harm, and if he never calls me again I see no reason not to simply let it slide.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I guess he's on his way over then.

Reply to
lwasserm

Then he should've been here before now. I guess he got lost.

Reply to
Doug Miller

If you're lucky maybe he'll stay lost.

Reply to
lwasserm

It took less than that to convince to use an alias online.

I do not want to deal with all the hassle that follows from culling the gene pool of idiots.

Reply to
fredfighter

Yep. My last name is rare enough that it'd take about 5 minutes with a phone book for any old looney to start making harassing calls to my house. I don't worry about the regulars, but there are plenty of lurkers and kooks around. The irritation just isn't worth it.

That, and there's no particular reason not to use an alias- for all I know, every name on here is an alias, and some just look more like real names than others. Doesn't make a bit of difference to me if I know people by their handles or their given names.

BTW, hope this nonsense amounts to nothing, Doug and Ed.

Reply to
Prometheus

In article , Prometheus wrote: [snip]

Thanks. I imagine it won't come to anything. As I said, I doubt he'll show up here from three states away, but if he does we're able to protect ourselves.

Reply to
Doug Miller