still bushings for doweling jig

Recently built a cabinet. I doweled all parts together. I dont have a drill stand so for drilling accuratly I built a jig to locate my drillings. Used a friends standing drill to make the jig in thought that the holes will guide me and locate my drilling. With use the primary holes started to inlarge making my jig less and less accurate. It all fitting excellent but I dont intend to risk using that jig again or building a knew one that will start loosing it like the one before. I saw some where of something called a still bushing. Sounds like something that can be a sollution to my problem I just dont understand how it works. What's on the outside and what is going on in the inside of the bushing. Will it work well with the drilling bit, where do I find them?

Reply to
Raz

Do you mean a drill jig bushing?

Reply to