Steve Thomas, formally of TOH

Lewis Hartswick wrote in :

I also saw the show last night. The new guy was scripted as a Steve Thomas clone, all the same lines, etc. Although they are renovating an old barn (shed) they had to get in a tour of a million plus dollar house.This would have been an oportunity to change the shows direction a bit. In summary, Norm great, Tom good, new guy ok, and the show unchanged. I will still miss Steve.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry McCaffrey

I have never been a fan of the scripted stuff. Those cutesy little bits (i.e. the running gag about noone liking tea on the London project, or Norm and the host du jour doing the tourist thing at a new locale) often make me cringe. Norm, Steve and Tommy are not actors and neither is the new guy. Once he gets the chance to be himself and ask real questions that the viewers might ask, I imagine he'll be fine. One encouraging sign from last night: on Ask This Old House they seem to have ditched the cornball "What is it?" segment, IMO the worst offender in the needless schtick department. Nothing like 3 so-called experts standing around a table like pimply-faced clerks at the Borg, trading bullshit guesses about things they ought to know the real scoop on. And one other thing about last night's show that reconfirms my opinion on the host. They showed a brief clip of the Ask This Old House segment that led to his being named host in which he and his wife had the crew over to help them strip wallpaper. I think the producers should have made his wife the co-host. She's a babe.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon