Help - Design for Cabin

Hi, I am hoping to get input on a design for a small cabin made of 6"x 6" white pine or cedar. I have built one before on a cement pad out of white pine just by stacking them. It was pretty crude but solid. I just overlapped the corners and spiked the timbers down with 1 foot spikes. I am wondering if anyone has ever built a building by stacking timbers and would appreciate any constructive advice on how to make it pretty. ie. joinery in the corners and where the timbers butt together, or any other advice, like how to construct the window and door openings. I thought about making this one a cathedral ceiling but don't know a lot about it. Thanks for any comments. Please e-mail me and I will check back often. Ted

Reply to
Ted Cottingham