Staining Basswood.

I am trying to stain basswood quite dark using a dark walnut stain. Does anybody here have any pointers, tips on the best way to stain this wood. The first attempt was not very appealing, and took on a green cast.

Reply to
UCS308

I am looking at a hand-carved basswood American Eagle that I stained walnut. It took the stain beautifully. Try another brand/type of stain. I used Zar #125 Black Walnut stain, but the company makes several shades of walnut stain. harrym

Reply to
HarryM