sources of hardware

I am restoring a dresser from the 1920's and am having difficulty finding good quality hardware. I tried using Van Dyck Restoration Hardware but they have almost no info. about the products they carry (such as type of metal and finishes available). This was frustrating and I would like to try another company now.

Any recomendations will be greatly appreciated. I am looking for unlaquered solid brass, not stamped.

Thanks

Joseph

Reply to
Joseph Handy

I usually start will Lee Valley and Rockler for my hardware. Get the Lee Valley hardware catalog to keep around as a reference.

Reply to
No

Try some of these:

Reply to
Chuck Taylor

Reply to
Gooey TARBALLS

Thanks for all of the ideas! I ordered the hardware from Horton Brass. They have a thorough and easy to browse website, and were great to deal with on the phone (no menus...just a person answering the phone). Thanks again I found just what I was looking for.

Joseph

Reply to
Joseph Handy