Source for 5x5 plywood near Durham (or Raleigh), NC?

I know there are a couple of places around Raleigh that sell 5x5 plywood, but I don't know who/where they are...

Reply to
Heath Roberts

There is a brand (trade-name) called Baltic Birch Plywood which comes from the Baltic Sea Countries. This type of plywood is sold in North America in 5' X 5' (60.0 inches by 60.0 inches) sheets. Real Baltic Birch Plywood has interior no-void veneers. Has a blue stamp with BB in a circle.

The new Generic Term is Russian Birch Export Plywood. There is supposed to be a document that gives minimum quality specification to Russian Birch Export Plywood. Again, for some reason, sold in USA as 5' X 5' sheets. Maybe Cargo Containers??

Use the Wood Finder dot com web site and search for Russian Birch Plywood, or Baltic Birch Plywood.

*** Most BORG Birch Plywood is NOT BB or RB plywood. ****

You will need to go to a real lumber store (8am-5pm weekdays), and if they don't have it ask at desk if they will order it for you. ---- Short version of Long story, local lumber yard that would special order BB for me, actually wrote me a ticket and sent me to a Plywood wholesaler to pick up myself. Shipping special order from wholesaler to lumber yard had minimum order, or shipping charges. Back then, gas for my SUV was all of $1.50 a gallon or so, so what was an hour or so drive.

Reply to
Phil Again

Capital City Lumber on Beryl Road just outside the beltline at Hillsboro St. carries it.

Reply to
Henry Q. Bibb