Raleigh-Durham, NC

Is anyone here who does residential remodeling and repair from Raleigh-Durham, NC? As I have posted, I have a couple of projects beyond my meager capability. I've never met a handyman who knew what Usenet was.

Reply to
mcp6453

Luckily some handymen know what craigslist it. Click this -

Then find this -

Good luck! Some folks that post on craigslist are flakes, so ask lots of questions.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Yeah, craigslist scares me for these sorts of things. It would be nice to find one of the very helpful and knowledgeable "regulars" here is a neighbor. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I had not thought about checking them.

Reply to
mcp6453

My wife found some reasonably good people to put our new kitchen sink in using an internet service. I told her to check the references after they replied. She got several to respond but we went with the ones with the best reviews. (electrician and plumber)

Normally I would of installed the sink but we had to have a new outlet installed, a insta-hot water heater and the RO filter system. I didn't want to spend that much time under the sink.

I don't think I'd use cl either. Or anyone without checking them out as much as possible.

Reply to
Master Betty

I can't find ANYONE who know what Usenet is -- or even wants to know what Usenet is -- except for the person who showed me what it is years ago. Seems like it's a shame because it is such an excellent resource. I use it all the time, but only to communicate with people online who somehow already know what it is.

And, now, Windows 7 doesn't even contain a newsreader or Usenet access software.

(I just decided to post this as a new thread and continue my thoughts on this).

Reply to
Jay-T

Angie"s List may be helpful for things such as this. BTW, I have a new computer-- about 2 months old- with Windows 7, and I can access this group. Never tried to post from it though. I will probably eventually get rid of the WebTv, but for this, and a few other things it is more convenient for me than the computer.

Reply to
Lp1331 1p1331

Thunderbird is an EXCELLENT and free news reader that can be installed on Windows 7. If you add a couple of add-ins, you can configure Thunderbird to do exactly what you want.

If anyone is interested in switch to Thunderbird, I'll be glad to post my suggestions, in a different thread.

mcp6453

Pretty scarce in the review department in your area, but it will give you some leads.

RicodJour