Software Plug

I see all this going around and around about TurboCad on this site. I get regular spams from Caligari.com, makers of True Space. The first CGs I ever saw were done by a friend in 1996 of a small wooden tool I had made, he did it on a laptop using TrueSpace ver.2, and it blew my mind. Back to the spam, I have long since abandoned True Space for a higher end program but they keep sending me these offers. For the money, and compared to what TurboCad offers, True Space is a great alternative. The latest offer is, buy 99.00 worth of training software and you get ver.5.5 of the program for free. Keep in mind its not a CAD program in the strict sense, but an excellent design tool and worth checking out at this price. Nothing in it for me but a little further down the road toward carpal tunnel syndrome.

Reply to
BUB 209

Design cad is available for less than $99 and its a very powerful program, if you can figure out how to use it. I gave up trying - burned up two 15 day trial periods and convinced myself that Cad programs are too difficult for what I get out of them. I discovered Visio (which my company furnishes for free) does just fine for me.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

When you say "spam", you mean unsolicited commercial email? If so, why in the world would you reward that by giving them _money_? If it's something you asked to get, however, it is very unfair to them to call their mailings "spam". Please clarify.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I like QCAD, and it came free with Mandrake, now I just need to get it to work on SUSE 9.2

Reply to
Richard Clements

Once a person starts down the path with any graphics program, why drop it and start learning another, I suppose. There ae probably 10 or 20 as good as True Space, and a new one coming out every week.

Reply to
BUB 209

It's advertising I don't particularly want to see, so I called it spam. Have I taken myself off their mailing list? No. Is it a good product? Yes. Don't lose any sleep over it:)

Reply to
BUB 209

Did you opt in to get the mail, or did they send it unsolicited? For me, that's an absolute - I will not give money to a spammer, under any circumstace. Now that you've called it spam, can you please tell us if it was opt-in (not spam) or opt-out (spam)?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

(sigh) I signed up for it, if I recall correctly,

5 or 6 years ago. Anyway, it's a cool program for the money which was the point of my original message. I don't believe it has the accuracy of a CAD program, but it does awesome design renderings. And now that you know it's not spam but just something I didn't define very well because after 5 years their promotionals get a little tiresome and I was using the term loosely, you can go out and buy it with a clear conscience. You don't even have to like it.
Reply to
BUB 209

OK, not spam then. Thanks for clarifying; if I was a software vendor, I'd hate it if people characterized my newsletter, that they signed up for, as spam.

Glad you cleared that up. Publically stating that someone is a spammer when they aren't isn't somethign you'd really want to leave out there uncorrected, after all.

Reply to
Dave Hinz