I had changed out my planer blades, and was getting lots of snipe.
Everything checked out. The blades were correctly set, the table ...
well I played with that for a while... made it worse, made it better,
but while making it better I wound up getting an un-even cut in the
middle. The middle was being scooped out deeper than the ends... Too
much rise in the tables.
What I hadn't checked was the damn cutter lock... sure enough it wasn't
holding any more.
At least with great authority...
I had cleaned the machine while servicing the blades, but hadn't taken
the time to take off both sides (Dewalt 733) and clean the rods and
lock. Well I cleaned the rods, still no dice. Went to take the lock
apart and got three of the 4 screws out. One is destroyed... damn metric
and I don't have stock in that size. Looks like a 3.5 mm fine thread.
Anyway I cleaned up the lock on 3 of the posts with acetone(until I get
a new screw I can't do the 4th)... and voila she no longer gives me
Just a coincidence that I put new blades in and she was slipping... or
what... drove me nuts for a couple of days... Should have checked the
That's why it pays to do the full machine maintenance... I wouldn't have
wasted my time playing with all these things..