Delta 14-inch BS Problem

I have a Delta 52-965 14-inch bandsaw that needs some help. Its impossible to move the lower guide carriage with the adjustment knob. I removed it from the saw, and other than some dirt and surface rust on the guide bar, it looks OK. I was able to get the carriage off of the guide bar with a rubber mallet. I cleaned up the guide bar, and checked the carriage, wedges and springs and it all looks OK. The guide bar does not appear to be bent. But even after cleaning, its really stiff.

What else should I look for? Is there a lubricant that I should use on the guide bar?

TIA.

Reply to
Art Greenberg

if you can remove it, soak it, saturate it, then blow it out with air and soak it again in WD-40, then lubricate with your favorite lube. It worked for me on my TS trunnion when it wouldn't raise and lower hth

Reply to
ChairMan

You removed the surface rust I hope before we begin. If not stop and get it done.

So you checked the wedges and springs. They are moving? Try lubricating it with with butchers wax, or home made brew of wax and mineral spirits.

Reply to
tiredofspam

Art, those finger tip adjustment knobs don't let you get much of a grip. I would take them out of the machine again. Wire brush (power preferred) the threaded spindles to remove any gunk or residue. While they are out, use a round bristle brush or similar to clean the internal threads. I use mineral spirits to clean most anything. For lubrication, I have had excellent results by using Never Seize / Anti Seize or similar. Hope this helps.

Reply to
DanG