small victory

Well I just got one of my Katrina submerged motors to run again. It was a motor off my contractors saw. Took it apart, flushed the field, baked it, cleaned the surface rust off the armature, replaced the bearings, cleaned up the centrifigul switch, reassembled and put power to it and it runs long and cool (at least in the no load condition). Now I guess it is worth derusting the rest of the unit.

Now if I could only get that Unisaw motor to go......

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Good for you Frank. Coming back from the battle of a storm like that takes a long time.

Reply to
Leon

Yeah, no kidding ... five years later I still get: "That thing? ... I haven't seen it since the flood."

Reply to
Swingman

They're not looking at you and thinking Noah, eh?

*G. D & R *
Reply to
Robatoy