slightly OT: link for you rare earth magnet fans

Greetings, Tired of those wussy rare earth magnets from LV? I judged a high school science fair this evening. The winner's project was a levitating magnet. Pretty cool. I asked the kid where she got the huge 1.2 cm cube magnets. Here's the link:

straight to the magnets, or
for the homepage.

I haven't bothered to check how the smaller magnets compare in price to other sources, such as LV.

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

Great source for any teachers out there. I've used a number of their demos, which are generally better than the ones in the book accompanying the texts.

Reply to
George

Another great place for magnets is:

've bought several and been very satisfied.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

Both pretty interesting sites. Here is one that I found to be the cheapest when I was looking:

joeD