sliding table on contractors saw

Hello,

I have a 10" contractor saw, and for a variety of reasons, it's gonna be a while (year or two) before I move 'up in the world' to a cabinet saw. In the meantime, I'm getting kind of frustrated w/ crosscut/miter sleds, and the time/material I'm having to put into them. A sliding table seems like a partial solution.

First option seems to be a Mulecab AccuSlider table (it appears the same thing is sold rebranded by Rockler). Relatively inexpensive, fairly simple, light, and I've actually seen a couple places on the Internet where people have fitted them to contractor saws.

Other option would be a Delta (or Grizzly, I hear it is a cheaper clone of the Delta) sliding table. Appears somewhat nicer than the Mulecab, but I'm interested in any stories of success/failure attaching one to a contractor saw.

The DeWalt sliding table seems to be very nice; compact, smooth, and very solid (but kind of heavy; would tippage be a concern?) Again, I've seen where people have fitted these to UniSaws, and Grizzly 1023's, but not contractor saws. Any info would be appreciated.

The Exaktor and Excalibur tables seem to be a bit more than I'm looking for, at least the models I've seen. It looks like they take up a lot of space, and are more for a static (i.e. not a roll-around/mobile setup). Also kind of pricey.

Last option (because I do actually kind of like the little varmint) is the Ryobi BT3x00. Kind of wish Ryobi would commit to a wide table kit specifically for the 3100 before I seriously consider it.

Like I said, any tales of woe or success or whatever of back-fitting a sliding table to a contractor saw is welcome. If you have a link to a web page w/ pictures and descriptions, bonus!

TIA,

nuk

Reply to
nuk

This book shows how to build one. Page 13. Been thinking of making one myself.

(Cover)

page)
-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Sliding table or crosscut sled? For some reason I can't find the book listed @ Taunton's site, which is kind of weird. If you get it, let me know if you like it; it looks interesting.

Thanks,

nuk

Reply to
nuk

Go with a sled for the time being. My single runner panel sled cost me under $30 for materials (new) and holds calibration -- no light shows between a fresh crosscut and the blade of an 18" Starrett combo square with stock held hard against the adjacent edge, even after a year's daily use. Not sure I'd ever need to "upgrade" to a full sliding table.

Reply to
Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A.

Sliding table. There are a couple of crosscut sleds in the book too, like many other books.

It.is out of print.

I check it out from my local library every few months & flip through for ideas.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde