Shopsmith on steroids --- Felder CF 741

On 1/13/2017 9:19 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

Looking at more of their videos it appears that Hammer has adopted the Laguna style band saw guides. Maybe Laguna makes them for Hammer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTu0nY5Hn5c

On 1/13/2017 11:20 AM, Leon wrote:

Well maybe not Hammer rather Felder.

Or maybe Laguna and Hammer buy them from the same Bulgarian factory....
On 1/13/2017 11:48 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Certainly the saws may be, along with the Italian factories.
I think the Laguna guide is actually an exclusive add on item that they manufacture, I could be wrong. Laguna saws come from Italy and other eastern areas like Bulgaria so not all are made in the same factory. I understood that the Laguna guides were added on after Laguna takes possession of the saw. And Laguna offers their guides for other brand saws. Also I have not seed this type ceramic guide on any other brand until now. I did quite a bit of research on many band saws 10 years ago, including Hammer/Felder and only Laguna had this type guide when I bought my Laguna at that time. Laguna also adds on the Baldor motors after taking possession.
https://lagunatools.com/accessories/bandsaw-accessories/ceramic-guides/guide-selection/
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 15:19:33 +0000

nice machine
what is cost
i would guess forty thou or maybe fifty
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 15:19:33 +0000

would have been good punchline at the end to show the small door to his shop that the hot tub would not fit thru
On 1/13/2017 10:19 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

Perfect. I can sell my car and buy the Felder which will fit in the same garage space where the car was parked.
On 1/14/2017 8:21 AM, Meanie wrote:

I noticed IIRC the saw takes up 2.5 square meters of space. If only it were perfectly square.
On 1/14/2017 11:41 AM, Leon wrote:

Probably difficult to design something that precise into a perfectly symmetrical shape.
On 1/14/2017 2:19 PM, Meanie wrote:

That and cutting boards takes up room too.