Shed Door

Hi, I'm wanting to replace a rotted shed door with something that will better withstand the weather. I'm thinking it'll have a 2"x4" frame and with either 1/4" or 1/2" plywood. What materials could I use to have a long lasting, maintenance free door?

I've purchased a Trax (Trex?) 2"x4" for the bottom part of the frame (too heavy to use for the entire frame).

The door will be painted, so the materials will have to take paint.

TIA Todd

Reply to
todd.prickett

Todd,

I uploaded some pictures of the shed doors I made:

the overlap of the doors where they meet, and the overlap with the building on the top and bottom of the doors. I imagine that if I took a hose and pointed at an odd angle, the doors would leak, but even after the worst wind & storms they've seen here in Ft. Worth, Texas, they've never leaked. I get more water in through the whirlybird on the roof, and I've only seen water through there once.

Reply to
Michael White