Sharpening Tip

Here's a sharpening tip for anyone interested. Hell, you might even submit it to a woodworking magazine and get yourself a free apron or perhaps even a Lie-Nielsen plane or maybe just a silly hat embroidered with "Fine Birdhouses and Adorondack Chairs."

I normally use the scary-sharp method but I spend the winter months in Florida and forgot to bring my plate glass and paper so I had to turn to either the diamond stone (1000/6000) or an old Jap synthetic water stone I brought down. Before learning the scary sharp method I used to use Jap stones and would use the nogura stone to whip up a slurry which does improve cutting.

Today I decided to try Soft Scrub on the diamond stone. What an improvement! And the bonus is that it also cleans you stone.

Try it yourself and report back to the group.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bleau