shaper/router

What are the pros and cons for shaper/router vs router?? I need information. Jim

Reply to
oleblue

Hmmph. I guess Google must be broken again today. I hate it when that happens.

This is one of the more frequent discussion topics here; in fact, it was just discussed last week. A Google Groups search on this newsgroup, and the words "shaper" and "router", will turn up all of those discussions.

Doug Miller

Typically you only go with a shaper for 1 of two reasons.

  1. If you need to spin bigger bits then you can do safely in a router.

  1. This is a production machine that will be running for hours a day, every day.

Otherwise, a router is probably a more cost effective solution.

Or in other words, I would say it is the very rare hobbiest that would need a shaper and only some production shops use them. Basicially, if you are a cabinet shaop and making your own doors, you might want a 3 head shaper.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com