Segmented belt

Yesterday, I bought a segmented belt for my Powermatic Artisan saw. WOW, does that make a difference. Gone is the rattle and vibration that I have cursed about since I bought the thing. Definitely a good purchase. Thanks to all who have suggested this in the past. If anyone would like a 4 inch piece of belt let me know. Dave

Reply to
Dave W

I've added segmented belts to my Unisaw, jointer and drillpress and I have about 3" left over. Now if you send me your 4" and if I can get others to send me the pieces that they have left I may be able to get enough to change the belt on my band saw.

Ted

Reply to
Bigpole

Reply to
Mark

Then count me in. I've got about 4 feet I'll send you. I put mine on a week ago and I haven't seen a lick of improvement! :-( I had to change pulleys and all. I was running a flat belt. I'm seriously considering putting it back on. The only major difference I can see is the saw stops a little quicker.

Reply to
Jerry Gilreath

Mark, It didn't make to much of a difference in the Unisaw. I don't recall any problems when I changed them. It make a difference in the drillpress. It smoothed it out. Same for the jointer. Ted

Reply to
Bigpole

I've got about a foot left over from my belt replacement on an old home build (heavy duty) bench grinder (two grinding wheels and a 1/2" chuck). Seems to run smoother and quieter with NO belt slippage.

Reply to
Rossco in Oshawa

And oh yeah! Pay attention to the direction of the arrows on the belt... it makes a difference.

Reply to
Rossco in Oshawa

I wanted to reduce the vibration in a cvouple of drill presses. Anyone ever see a sourve of 1/4 inch link belts?

Reply to
Bob