Seeking 4" Jointer Knives

Hi All,

I have an old Rockwell 4" jointer (joiner?) that I use for edge jointing. I acquired this tool from a neighbor. He said it was his father's tool and no longer had a place for it. So I gladly took it off his hands.

Well, I need to replace the knives and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas where to start. Google didn't get me very far. I read somewhere that Delta makes them but I can't seem to find any.

The dimensions are 4" x 5/8" x 1/8"

Thanks,

Brad

PS- Is there a difference between "jointer" and "joiner"?

Reply to
Brad

Yep, joiner is a woodworker in Britspeak, or a biscuit in Dewalt.

I got mine from Amazon - Freud, I think.

Rocky served me well for many years.

Reply to
George

IIRC A jointer is a machine a joiner is the person running the machine

Reply to
Eric Johnson

Fantastic! Thanks for the link.

So long, Brad

> Rocky served me well for many years.

Reply to
Brad

Found some at

a joint function is when the joiner turns off the jointer, goes into the house and turns on the SWMBO. :-)

mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Reply to
Greg

try freud. either that, or your local yellow pages under sharpening services.

one has a "t" in it....

Reply to
bridger

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

Try your local sharpening shop. The one in our town said they could get just about any size, and the price and quality was good.

Reply to
ToolMiser

I have a set that are marked Craftsman 9-2291 (18127) $10 if you can use them They are 4 3/8 long 1/8 thick and 11/16 high. They were sharpened and put away. I am in S F Bay are of Ca Scott

Reply to
ShakasCaregiver

technical assistance or service parts: USA - (800) 223-7278 Canada - (800) 463-3582

I bought one of these used some time ago and was able to buy the knifes, knobs and adjustment scales and markers right from Delta(the old Rockwell) I still use mine and have a backup one stored that was my Father-in-Laws that is near perfect save for needing to sharpen the blade's.

BTW, get yourself a knife setting gauge unless you're comfortable doing it by hand, the old way. And make sure you don't run it with the outfeed table set too high. Delta as a FAQ on their site that covers setting up the jointer.

Reply to
Jim Polaski

Thanks for all the posts. This has helped a lot!

Reply to
Brad