jointer problem

I am sure this is not a real complicated problem, I suspect the outfeed table is to high. When jointing about a 36" piece the last 4" or so doesn't clean up . When I 180 the piece the same problem comes up, no clean up on the last 4" . Bought the jointer at a school auction (Rockwell-Delta 6" ) Replaced the gibs and tightened up any thing that had any play. Anybody have any ideas on this problem ?

Reply to
Rick Swartout

Yes, I do. You need to tune it up. In particular you need to align the outfeed table with the top of the blades. Here is a link for tuning the jointer, which includes other steps you might need to look at:

should be on one line.)

Brian

6" ) | Replaced the gibs and tightened up any thing that had any play. Anybody have | any ideas on this problem ? | |
Reply to
Brian in Vancouver, BC