Sears is crooked

Sadly, our local Sears no longer carries hardware. When they did, I went to Sears often. They had hundreds of little drawers, filled with loose washers, screws, hinges, latches, springs, etc. It was great, but very messy with items in the wrong place. Now I go to Home Depot where the hardware selection is limited. I guess Sears and KMart are now "peas in a pod."

Reply to
Phisherman

I do most of my hardware shopping at Orchard Hardware. Orchard was purchased by Sears several years ago. Orchard still keeps its own identity. They have an excellent selection of small hardware parts. It is well organized so that needed parts are easy to find. The clearks fit two categories -- old retired guys working part time and young workers working part time. The older guys are usually very well informed on the store products.

Dick

Reply to
Richard Cline

Once you have a Sears charge card, you have a Sears account for life. You may ask it to be cancelled, but they will keep your info on file. DAMHIKT.

Yes, they are unscrupulous in other ways too.

But- they got a hell of a warranty on those wrenches!

-Dan V.

Reply to
Dan Valleskey

I got sent one with a $10,000 credit limit after Canadian Tire ported their card over to a Sears Mastercard. Went to a newsgroup and read some comments about Sears practices and excessive service charges and flakey practices. Never activated the card, cut it up into little bits and happily threw it in the garbage.

Reply to
Upscale

Watch for a new card in the future, around expiration time of the one you tossed. You may have cut it up, but that does not close the account. Sears may show up on your credit reports as an open source of credit even if not used.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I was never activated either. But, I wouldn't put it past them to send me another one anyway.

Reply to
Upscale

Uh? My Crappy Tire "Options Mastercard" is issued by the Canadian Tire Bank which, I understand, is part of Canadian Tire Financial Services, wholly owned by CTC. Nothing to do with Sears, AFAIK. Never had any problems with it.

Luigi Zanasi

I don't know if you saw my earlier post about Crappy Tire, but I've just been contacted by a collection agency that says I still owe money on a CT card from more than TWELVE years ago. Watch the buggers.

Gerry

Reply to
G.E.R.R.Y.