Scroll saw -- last word

So I bought the 1940s Craftsman after taking it for a test drive. No vibra tion and, with the exception of a power cord plug that can stand replacing, seems in great condition. Here's the kicker:

The seller is a master luthier who makes and repairs guitars. We spent abo ut an hour in his shop where he showed me guitars he was repairing for Eric Clapton and a guy from Guns N Roses (somebody who calls himself Flash or S plash). He had a couple of barrels of cutoffs and gave me about a dozen pi eces. Half of them were flame maple boards about 1x5x30. A couple were 3x3 x24 spalted maple. He gave me some gorgeous exotic ebony. I believe the woo d was almost equal to the cost of the saw.

Finally, I have an old mandolin with a crack in the back and he's going to take a look to see if it is worth repair.

I know that there are some musicians in the group. This gentleman's name i s Larry Brooks, if that rings a bell.

Larry

Reply to
Gramps' shop

Ok, so if you end up not liking the saw, say you bought the wood, and got the saw for free. BTW, you suck.

Reply to
FrozenNorth