Say what??

See "Engrish from other Countries" under Engrish categories.

Reply to
darkon

Actually, they must have improved the device. I needed something today to laminate 2 x 12's into 3 x 12's and didn't want to use a glue brush, so I picked that up mainly for the rollers (can't find the proverbial "printing supply house" locally .... they must have all moved to Taiwan, you reckon?).

It did the job nicely and in a fraction of the time.

I did get a kick out of the instructions, though ... thought they would be worth at least a chuckle, but I obviously didn't take into account the politically correct, global trade mindset 'talking points' issue/agenda some seem to want to make of it.

And the Greek translation of Leon's English translation of the Chinese translation of the English original intent didn't survive the text only post either ... oh well, the day is older and the funny bone has been pushed back beneath the surface where it (apparently) belongs.

Reply to
Swingman

You never fail to disappoint me, Toller.

Reply to
Robatoy

at a friend's bicycle shop. Some low-end side pull brake calipers were in the order for the service of department store bikes (something that the shop eventually refused to do). The boxes were marked "ront" and "frear." My friend the shop owner and I still chuckle over that... ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Cool!

Reply to
Leon

I guess some one from the local news paper wrote the instructions. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Just wait... ;-)

Mine worked too... for a while.

The rollers do work pretty well. Ever considered a laminate J-roller? At least they have high quality bearings and roller. And a dandy handle... (Yea, right - $22 for a glue spreader...)

I know - I'm as guilty as anyone on that count. It's a hard thing to watch happen and not get just a _little_ hot over it. Although I'm a little slow to KillFile _anyone_, I'm sure I've ended up in quite a few recently.

LOL Extended ASCII is funny that way. I still use a pure text reader myself. (Between you and me, however, I think he was typing garbage.)

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Shoot, I forgot the main reason I replied to this... (Aside from your rugged good looks and scary-sharp wit...)

If you think that is bad, try deciphering the alignment instructions for a piece of complex Japanese electronics test gear from - oh, say, the early 1970s. Now THAT's Greek!

Well actually, it would be Jinglish, but that's beside the point... There is definitely a chasm between the Celtic and Asian mindsets.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Go to a place that sells veneer suplies. Good glue rollers.

Reply to
CW

Or the user manual for a Japanese CNC control.

Reply to
CW

I bet. Some of the manuals are still not all that great.

[POT] But I guess what with the Chinese and Japanese collaborating and gearing up for closer economic ties, that's not something we'll have to worry about any more.

We can just grow food and spread democracy.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

As an agricultural supplier to the world, with our base strength inside the U.S. being based on those who ask "Do you want fries with that?" we won't have the money to spread democacy any more.

Reply to
Charlie Self

There is an alarming number of people that seem to think that we don't have to produce anything, we can just buy what we need.

Reply to
CW

"Swingman" wrote in news:Ivadne6ENdXq9PbeRVn- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

C'mon Swing. Do you really need directions for a glue bottle?

Reply to
Henry St.Pierre

Only for a laugh.

Reply to