SawStop Purchase Update

OK, I ave been table sawless for 3 weeks this coming Friday. Seriously, I have felt like one of my arms is missing.

I have been successful getting my hands on the HTC 15 roller out feed extension. Those things are elusive. Fortunately the one that I ordered from Grizzly arrived in relatively good shape. Again the packaging was rather tattered but the contents appears fine.

Talking to Wood Craft yesterday they indicated that the saw was out for delivery from a local shipping terminal to their store. I am scheduled to have the saw delivered tomorrow morning. Crossing my fingers.

My plan is to install the out feed prior to any assembly of the saw. The out feed bolts to the saw cabinet on the back side and I have to get inside to position bolts. I think this will be easier done before adding the left table extension and or the Rip fence rails and right table extension. The saw has the larger saw motor side access opening on the right side and also has a smaller left side access door.

That is it so far.

Reply to
Leon

Congrats.

It is fun to assemble. Really nice step-by-step instructions and cardboard backers with all the bolts and tools covered in plastic, color coded and in order of need. Very pro job. Even has step-by-step of how to get the heavy unit out of the box.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

backers with all the bolts and tools covered in plastic, color coded and in order of need. Very pro job. Even has step-by-step of how to get the heavy unit out of the box.

I have noticed the very well laid out assortment of parts that come with the Pro version, I hope that is true with the Industrial version also. I have already arranged for the WoodCraft guys to deliver and set the saw in the Mobile base. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 11:48:56 -0500, Leon

Really? Amazon.com sells them, if it's the same as yours.

I suppose the HTC roller would be a nice thing to have, but I always liked an outfeed table that could do dual duty as a work table or other similar function.

But then, you're a little space challenged aren't you?

Reply to
none

Take a little closer look, Grizzly is selling that unit through Amazon and that is a 10 roller unit vs what I bought, a 15 roller unit.

You can find the units all over the internet but no one has any.

I had the solid surface out feed for several years and 13 years ago switched to the 15 roller with my first cabinet saw purchase. I did not miss the solid surface and did not miss having to clear off the solid surface when I wanted to move the saw or collapse the extension.

No, my shop size increased by 50% a couple of years ago, I'm up to about

600 sq ft.
Reply to
Leon