Who Has the Cool Outfeed Table?

One of you guys showed pics of your outfeed table that folded up and/or extended or something cool like that.

My space is limited, so I need something that folds up and out quickly.

Who's was it? Can you post the pics again, so I can steal it. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

SonomaProducts.com

I have that one. IMO, you could make one yourself that works better; I did that for the other side of the table saw to make it compatible for large panels. I posted about this one several years ago after buying it. My take on it was that this was the kind of project Delta gave to its newest engineers. It was difficult to assemble; not hard to understand, just physically difficult and really not very well thought out. Take a look at one in person if you can, it isn't a difficult project.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

WoodSmith magazine has an article on building an out feed that folds down, you need to search their archives. I probably build it for my older saw

14-15 years ago. I sold that saw and again used it about 3 months ago, the table is still fine. Alternatively HTC makes a 15 roller out feed that folds down, I have had that out feed in the Jet version on my Jet for the past 10 years. I think I prefer the roller out feed as it indeed folds down relatively close to the saw, attaches strictly to the saw so you do not have to putz with legs if you move the saw, and with rollers vs. a solid top, it tends to stay clear and not become a catch-all surface.

Leon

good job.

Reply to
joeljcarver

My saw has a fence that uses a rear rail in addition to the front rail. Will this roller outfeed still attach to the saw and clear the rear rail?

good job.

Reply to
Russ Stanton

"MOST" fence systems will have enough clearance. I'd contact HTC and ask about any specific one. Have dimensions handy when do, of course.

If it's one of the standard PM, Delta, Jet, etc., designs they'll have accounted for it; some of the imports perhaps not if it is unique or oversize compared to others.

--

Reply to
dpb

YES! I have a Jet cabinet saw with the longer right extension table so it has the back rail to support the table. With the cabinet saw the out feed assembly bolts directly to the back saw cabinet. IIRC HTC makes them all a bit different for any particular saw. IIRC they do/did make one for contractor saws also.

Reply to
Leon

Leon wrote: ...

There are different stands for various groups of models but the outfeed roller attachment is universal.

See my previous note instead of repeating it... :)

--

Reply to
dpb

I don't know about cool but it's a big table in two pieces and can handle an entire sheet of plywood on the table through the entire cut. It does require a fair amount if room.

was a short article in FWW a few years back and I made a "version" of my own.

Not too difficult and very flexible.

-MIKE- wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

I hear that. It *has* to go up and down easily, because of the limited space I have... for that same reason, it's just too easy for it to turn into another workspace that has to be cleared off in order to use the tool.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I love that, but it's about 150 percent what I paid for my saw. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote: ...

They wouldn't be terribly difficult to fabricate w/ an inexpensive roller set or two from Northern/Harbor/whoever. I've thought about it a lot but never gotten that particular round tuit, of course... :)

--

Reply to
dpb

That's the one! Yes, Pat, it's very cool. The cool part is how it's extendable like that. What I need to do, however, is make the whole assembly hinge down against the saw, out of the way.

Now I have the "baseline" of my idea, so I'll combine it with the good from everything else posted and see what I come up with.

Thanks for reading and posting.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Attaches easily, simply, quickly, does a good job, and is /really/ inexpensive:

shown on that page, but I added miter slot extensions for a handy-dandy (simple/quick/good/inexpensive) crosscut sled:

is the mother of invention. :)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

I've been down that road before, so I don't have to ask for direction, this time. :-)

I looked into the ball rollers, before, when I was going to make a stand, because they don't push the stock in one direction.

But in this case, with them being mounted perfectly perpendicular to the blade, it would be a benefit.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Thanks. You're always good for the Occam's razor of jigs and accessories ideas.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Good idea. But in my case, once it's a tabletop, it's a tabletop, you know? :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

It is designed to fold up at the saw table.

Both tables fold into one another.

I'll try to find that FWW article...

-MIKE- wrote:

Reply to