SawStop is here!

no, and I don't know. I am sure any blade would do.

Reply to
Leon

No kidding, I understand that SawStop is working on producing a band saw that will stop.

Reply to
Leon

They were the manager and asst manager, we have know each other since the store opened. Not a problem.

Reply to
Leon

The out feed roller extension was a task although all went smoothly. It's the hoping you are drilling into cabinet in the right spot 6 times that kinda gets to you. I have installed the same set up before on a Jet cabinet saw some 13 years ago so I knew what to be where and aligned with what. It was actually easier this time.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you

Reply to
Leon

a new toy: I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you,I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you,I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you,I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you,

I hate you too. LOL

Christmas morning.

This one is especially nice, I have been a proponent for this saw since

1999, before it was produced. My wife actually suggested trading up. Nuf'said. I had that possum eating poop grin most of the afternoon!

Thank you Ron!

Reply to
Leon

Well it is fun but crawling around on the floor is starting to get old. ;~) Thank you.

Reply to
Leon

"Leon" wrote >

You remember how to do this from 13 years ago??

Obviously a youngster.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I trust this will cure the table saw deficiency syndrome.

Looks like a quality tool. packed well, etc.

How much trouble is it to align the top of the rollers to the table saw top? Any adjustability with the rollers?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I can!

LOL

Reply to
Leon

Already feeling more manly! LOL

I think I would compare the build quality to my Laguna BS, perhaps better.

Not a whole lot of trouble, sorta. The rollers don't spin perfectly so there are high and low spots when they spin. We are only talking about

1/32" so it really is no big deal. The object is that the rollers simply be close to being the same height as the table, better a bit low than higher. After all, this thing is only there to keep the work from tipping off the back end of the table top. This one and my old one have a cam adjustment that lowers the front rollers 3/8" of an inch so that when you cross cut the miter gauge bar will not hit the rollers. I often used the out feed with the rollers in that lower position when ripping, I forgot to raise them back up, and had no problems.

Now having said that the top bracket has 4 bolt holes that are elongated so that while setting up you move the roller up and down. You lay a strait edge on the table top on both sides to over hand the first column of rollers. When the roller is close to the bottom of the straight edges on both sides you tighten the 4 bolts. Then you drill and bolt the bottom bracket.

Then the folding center support arm can be adjusted to bring the back rollers up or down, basically to have the out feed plane to be parallel to the TS top plane.

With my old set up on my other saw I do not recall ever making another adjustment after the initial adjustment. I am sure that there was some settling over the past 13 years but I never felt the need to readjust.

Reply to
Leon

One other thing, the instructions really really suck. They have changed the design so that the bottom bracket can be adjusted up and down to miss hitting a dust port. They simply modified the original set of directions and left parts out. You really want to read the instructions a couple of times to be familiar with what you are trying to do. You build stuff, you can figure it out. There are simply a few steps that leave you wondering and a few parts that have different names than the list of parts.

Reply to
Leon

I can think of several situations where someone would have frozen food and just want part of it. Many foods come already frozen, such as pizza for example. Cut and cook just half of it for a meal. Or, perhaps buying an amount of meat when it was on sale and freezing it. Then cutting off a steak sized slice to thaw for consumption?

Reply to
none

snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

My solution is simply to cook the whole thing and then refrigerate the excess. There's always a need to eat tomorrow.

Seeing how dust gets all over the bandsaw, I'd be very reluctant to use it for any kind of food cutting. Food goes bad, spoils, then your shop stinks. (That won't stop me from making jokes about it... or suggesting we buy a drill press rather than a stand mixer. Actually that one might work ok.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I can remember things from 50 years ago. Just don't ask me what I had for lunch yesterday.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

On 26 Apr 2013 07:34:34 GMT, Puckdropper

What???? You're kidding right? You like that kind of food? You've never frozen meat for future use? Never bought meat in any size bigger than a few pounds? And, meat that is cooked and then refrigerated doesn't come close to having the same taste as something just freshly cooked.

What kind of palate do you have?

Reply to
none

Leon, Sounds like you are doing great so far!

I wanted to share this short story, which proves you don't have to use power tools to bruise yourself.

Yesterday, I was existing a computer lab--actually sort of in a hurry to get to my next destination, with some paper in my left hand, pulling the door behind me with my right. When, I closed my finger in the door. Ouch! It's still is a little sore, but it's fine. But here is the part I wanted to mention...wait for it...

...the whole accident could have been avoided if there had been a Door-Stop! : )

Good luck to you as you fine tune your new saw!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 07:50:54 -0400, Bill

You should sue all the door manufacturers. They were all negligent in not taking the user's safety into account.

Reply to
none

just want part of it. Many foods come already frozen, such as pizza for example. Cut and cook just half of it for a meal.

You don't use a bandsaw to cut frozen pizza. You use your broad ax.

cutting off a steak sized slice to thaw for consumption?

Consider dividing and packaging the selected portions before freezing it. Much easier and more convenient, than wrestling with a frozen quarter/half beef, hog or whatever. Don't forget to mark the individual packages, to identify what's within.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 06:00:56 -0700 (PDT), Sonny

Everybody offering solutions is missing the point. If you've got a freezer in your refrigerator, then occasionally, there's going to be some food that it would be nice to cut from.

I'm not going to cut up a prime rib roast into steaks before I freeze it because I might want a roast easily available for a family dinner. I don't plan too many meals a week or more in advance, so how am to know if something should be cut up before it's frozen or not? And no, my freezer isn't big enough to keep very many different cuts of frozen meat on hand.

The question bordered on the hypothetical anyway, so I guess it's moot at this point. Very few people are going to run meat, frozen or not through their bandsaw.

Reply to
none