SawStop at Lee Valley Tools

Well, I was wondering if it would happen and it has. Lee Valley Tools is now selling all models of SawStop table saws.

Lee Valley has never really been a big power tool dealer aside from a few pieces here and there. But, then Festool came along and essentially shot that concept down. Now, one if not the biggest workshop tool that many woodworkers will ever buy has made inroads to Lee Valley Tools.

I'm wondering what's next for power tools?

Reply to
upscale

Festool SawStops? Should be around in about five to seven years. ;-)

Reply to
krw

I thought patents lasted twenty years? How long have the various SawStop patents been around?

Reply to
upscale

Why is it more expensive in Ontario and east of here?

Reply to
FrozenNorth

On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 11:58:45 -0400, FrozenNorth

Apparently, it's a shipping thing because SawStop manufacturing is in the US Oregon mid west.

Reply to
upscale

The basic patents are from 2001, IIRC. There are certainly refinements after that but the basic patents teach everything that's needed to make it work, given a little engineering.

Reply to
krw

Because everything is "more expensive in Ontario and east of here"? That's why I moved (far) South of "here". ;-)

Reply to
krw