Re: Mr. Ferrarri - Meet Mr. Stanley (Veritas Nov. 24th UNVEILING?)

charlieb wrote: : I don't know if this is THE NOVEMBER 24TH UNVEILING Lee Valley/Veritas : has been hinting at, but the new(?) Veritas (R) Block Planes (DX60 Block : Plane and the NX60 Premium Block Plane - $179 & $279 respectively) : appear to have used extensive wind tunnel testing during the design : phase.

: Up to now, Veritas has taken tried and true hand tools and improved : their functionality, ease of use AND ergonomics. Now, with their new : dovetail saw, and these two new block planes - they've added : aerodynamics and pizzaz to the product line - and a Stylist to their : design team.

: I hope the design team remembered to put a hand brake on those block : planes because without one I'm sure they'll zooooooom off your bench the : minute you set them down.

:

planes are much more beautiful than any Ferrari. Better car comparison is an Aston-Martin, classic Jaguar, or the amazing '30s cars that were on display at the Phoenix Art Museum's Curves of Steel show in

2007, some of hich can be seen at
hat is off to Lee Valley -- amazing design.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

the BMW Mille Miglia, though:

My hat is off to Lee Valley -- amazing design.

Yeah. Now I know why I've been putting off buying a block plane for the last year--I was subconsciously waiting for these ones!

Reply to
Colin B.

The ONLY BMW product I ever took a liking to....

...aside from the r69 bike.

Robatoy

[snip]

's my ride to the post office:
beware of old coots, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

I'm guessing the Stylist was part of the BMW Z4 design team. Have a look and note the similarities.

think the Jaguar XKE was the first auto body design that eliminated all lines except the outline of the car. The Ford Taurus introduced that idea to passenger cars. That trend has been reversing over the years and lines

- really nice lines - are becoming more and more important again.

And that brings us back to Edge Treatments in furniture. Even a simple, subtle chamfering of an edge can visually take a piece up a notch, though it may not be obvious enough to be able to distinguish why. Art Noveau took things to the extreme - but somewhere in between can make your next project a bit more interesting.

Clearly Veritas is going into the High End handtool market - but like Lexus, coming in at price points below, or well below their competitors. Great marketing strategy and I'm betting it will work quite well. Hope they remember that it's customer service and good tools at good prices that is the core of their business.

Reply to
charlieb

"Tanus" wrote

There are certain industries that must come up with new products all the time or they will perish. I don't know if Lee Valley fits that catagory or not, But they certainly do a good job coming up with the new products on a semiregular basis.

And the ever growing number of quality products can't hurt either. They are definitely doing something right.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

(snip) Form follows function. Fabulous styling as a result. Robin Lee will likely order his Ferrari, just off the sales of these products alone.

(Late to the party)

Bite your tongue....!

We sell Gardening tools too... it's hybrids for me....

:)

Reply to
Rob Lee

There are electric cars that cost and exceed the speed limit about the same as a Prancing Horse.

:)

Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

Reply to
Markem

No Tesla?

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

There is always Tesla Motors for the rich green's.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Is may 86 year old dad going to like the $69 stapler that I bought him, listed in your Christmas catalog?? ;~) It looks very nice.

Reply to
Leon