Saw Sled Epiphany

Thu, Jan 4, 2007, 11:38pm (EST-1) dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca (Dave=A0Balderstone) doth adviseth: Robin, Theo may not see that post. You should probably email him your suggestion.

Rob. A ay or two ago that information would have been abslutely correct. Since then however, I no longe eceive direct e-mail, instead I reached an ageement with Dave Balderstone whereby he will be screen any and all e-mail for me. he's a bit forgeful and slow to respond, anyone with e-mail for me, be sure to send it to him at least half a dozen times, so he will be sure to get it; he will then forward any pertinent e-mail to me. Thanks Dave.

OK guys, I'm waiting to year from everyone on rec.woodworking. But be sure to e-mail to Dave, so he can screen it. Thanks again Dave.

JOAT To listen is an effort, and just to hear is no merit. A duck hears also.

- Igor Stravinsky

Reply to
J T

Will do- thanks for the suggestion!

Reply to
Prometheus

Already tossed it- putting a plug or external battery on it would have defeated the purpose. (Which was that it was a little computer with a screen about the size of a pack of cigarettes that had a backlight for using it in the dark and a hard cover that would fit in my pocket. Took a little getting used to reading tiny little words on a lit-up screen, but being able to carry a library in the pocket of my jeans was worth the effort.)

I'm assuming you mean the Lynch one from the 80's and yes, it did suck. The Sci-Fi channel made a version of it a couple of years ago, and that was much better, though extremely long.

Reply to
Prometheus

I should also mention that the main character (McKie) in The Dosadi Experiment was introduced in a previous work called The Whipping Star. Although an interesting book, it pales to a more epic The Dosadi Experiment. Kind of a prequel.

But if you like The Dosadi Experiment, you will probably pick up a copy of The Whipping Star to get the back story. It makes a few things clearer in the subsequent work.

Reply to
Lee Michaels