Saw Blade Test

Here is some interesting information. A test of several 7.25" circular saw blades.

Ripping a 2x4, again with 10 framing nails, and then again with out nails.

For you Harbor Freight fans it is interesting to note that the second best blade is a Hercules brand. I assume it is the same Hercules brand sold at HF.

Leon

Thanks for that.

At 1:38, he does mention that the Hercules blade was sold at HF.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Yeah watching again I noticed that. The first time I was more interested in the wide kerf 5 tooth star shaped blade. Worst of the worst!

Reply to
Leon

Out of sheer curiosity, I wonder if a more powerful saw such as a worm drive, would have different results... As far as the Starfish demo blade, seems like one of those ideas/concepts best left on paper...

Reply to
Brian Welch

That thing scares me. Seems like it has the ability to *grab* something before it has a chance to cut it. Can you say "Yank!" :-O

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I doubt it. I do not recall any of the runs with any blade bogging the saw down. It seemed to maintain circular speed.

Reply to
Leon

Right! Looked like an extra wide chipper from a dado set.

Reply to
Leon