ryobi 1600 sander

I have googled and found out it is a POS compared to the Performax. Okay, but I can't afford a Performax.

If I spend the time to set it up, does it actually work; or is it that bad...? Is sand paper still available for it, or can something else substitute?

I probably only need it once in a while, but when I need it...

Reply to
Toller

You don't use sand *paper*, you use sand cloth. All you need is long rolls, cut your own.

-- dadiOH ____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

Reply to
Herb Robinson

Pressure where and on what?

Reply to
dadiOH

Reply to
Herb Robinson

It shouldn't do that - and won't - if set up properly. Some things to check

  1. Depth of cut too deep... how much can be taken off in one bite depends on several things - grit, wood density, wood width, feed speed. For me, normal is about 50% feed speed, 1/64 - 1/48 with #80 or finer; up to 1/32 with #40 and a hard wood like oak or hickory, up to 1/16 with a softer wood like butternut or walnut.
  2. Pressure roller height and/or tension is incorrect.
  3. Feed belt is worn

  1. Longish piece that is hanging down a bit so front edge is up. Extending the table is a *real* help.

#1 & #2 are the most likely.