Rust removal / next generation taser

li-ion battery for the hand held version? Would make a hella defensive weapon!

Reply to
Spalted Walt

I like that.

I am surprised that our nanny state permits its sale with out thousands of guards, and other safety devices.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

does a nice job

wonder if it can strip paint from wood without destroying the wood if it left some marks that would be ok and even some slight burns would be alright

it needs one thousand watts

in use already as an offensive weapon

maybe very offensive weapon is the better description

Reply to
Electric Comet

In due time after one person uses it for the wrong reason.

Reply to
Meanie

At the beginning of this video you'll see the "base unit".

Ain't gonna work with a battery. ;-)

DerbyDad03

If it is evaporating the paint It seems that some sort of respirator would be useful.

Reply to
G. Ross

Uh oh...here come the regulations! ;-)

I did notice that in the OP's youtube link there was a vacuum hose near the pipe in the 2nd sequence but there was still a lot of smoke. Rust laden smoke or paint fumes...ain't neither one of them good for you.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Does it work on wood? Instead of a pressure washer to scrape paint from bldgs?

nb

Reply to
notbob

If you want a black building. Or should I say "charcoal grey".

Reply to
G. Ross

Apparently it does work on "delicate" materials--I found some references to using it for art restoration. I don't think that the Catholics want their cross to turn black.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Gonna paint it! Does "charcoal grey" wood require a primer? ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

A battery version would be great for a welder or general metal worker.

Mart>

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Check out the video link I posted earlier. There's a huge base unit that is attached to the device that you see being used by the operator. I'm guessing we're years away from anything that can be considered portable.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

The video you posted is 6 yrs old. "Portable" is already a reality:

Mobile Trolley MTR-01 "TAKE THE LASER ANYWHERE! Increase the mobility of laser cleaning with the mobile trolley. It fits in the back of your car an can be loaded by one person only."

However, IMO battery powered probably is *many* years away.

For those wondering if the technology works on wood:

"Restoration of the wooden crucifix in the church of Santa Maria of the Soul in Rome"

Reply to
Spalted Walt

Next gen taser/weapon? Maybe not, at least at lower power levels. Intentionally zapping a finger appears painless:

Spalted Walt

OK, so I'm living in the past. ;-)

I stumbled around that website but I couldn't find any specs as to the size or weight of the unit. "It fits in the back of your car" obviously depends on what kind of car you have and how strong the "one person" is.

Based on this image, I'd say it will fit in the back of 3 out of 4 of my vehicles, but they include a van, an SUV and a station wagon. Weight could still be the deciding factor as to it's level of portability.

In any case, I want one!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Hey honey ... can you get the grime off these copper pots? Why sure, let me just take it to the garage. [lights dim around the house].

Reply to
Greg Guarino