ROUTER QUESTION...

You mean aside from the fact that a Crapsman router has the potential to severely alter your "reproductive health"?

Reply to
TexasFireGuy

"Bill Everette @verizon.net>" Once you use one of the higher end routers like the PC. You'll never go

I'm still using a PC690LR. It's only 1 3/4HP but it's never failed to give me excellent results. I use it in and out of the table. It came with both the fixed and plunge bases.

Reply to
TexasFireGuy

I have a PC in the table. I've sold the plunge base which came it. Why? First, the clamp which held the motor for the base was a real pain the ass. Second, I fell into a Skil 1845 Gold Edition. This is the best medium sized plunge router I've ever used hands down. Never used in the table, but for everthing else, I grab this unit first. It has every feature you'd ever want on a router and has proven accurate and easy to use. The Hitachi previously mentioned is a good buy. For a larger size router, you can't beat the price and I know a couple of guys that are very happy with them. Mark.

Bill Everette

Reply to
Mark

What's wrong with the clamp holding the router in the base? Mine works fine

Reply to
Bill

So does mine.

"Bill @theeverettes.com>" What's wrong with the clamp holding the router in the base?