roundwood rustic carpentry

I am interested in finding out about traditional rustic roundwood carpentry. By this I mean building functional structures and buildings from timber straight from the tree, bark and all. I would like to know about methods of jointing, roofing, infill, insulation, foundations and staddles, structural design etc.

Any ideas on books, websites, other sources of info?

Tim W

Reply to
Tim W

You might look under Rustic Carpentry, Log building etc.

They have mortise and tenon cuters specifically for this work...

WillR

Tim, Check out

They have books, videos, workshops, links, etc. I've always wanted to try this, but never had the time. Let me know how it works out. BC

Reply to
bc