Rough framing resources

I'm planning on building a nice wooden shed. I'm not a rough carpenter, and know little about framing.

Can anyone recommend decent websites or books on residential framing and roofing? I have the Taunton shed book, but I'm looking for more generic framing and roofing information to help me complete my own design.

Thanks! Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Jim B.

Reply to
Jim Behning

B a r r y wrote in news:SIk4e.19077$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com:

There have been a lot of framing articles over the past few years in the Fine Homebuilding magazine, also from Taunton. See what you can find at your local library.

By the way, may I offer a personal warning regarding scope creep and 'nice wooden sheds'? It is pretty easy to let things get a bit out of hand, if one is not diligent. An 8'x12' shed need not have double glazed windows, glass paneled doors, lights and power inside and out. It ceases to be a shed, and then is known in, technical terms, as a 'garden folly'. DAMHIKT.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Found this one in a thrift shop, but it's great.

"Carpentry and Building" Harry F. Ulry, 1966: Howard Sams & Company Library of Congress Catalog Card Number 66-29074

Just located it on half.com for 75 cents.

FriscoSoxFan

Reply to
Thomas Kendrick