Rockler clamp sale- Major dissatisfaction

Or the fact that it was posted from google... Path: !uunet!dca.uu.net!ash.uu.net!wns13feed!worldnet.att.net!199.218.7.1

41!news.glorb.com!postnews.google.com!not-for-mail

-j

I am wondering why the store manager did not have the foresight to recommend ordering the clamps for the customers that missed out instead of letting the situation get out of hand in HIS store. Are the store managers limits of authority a bit too limited???

Reply to
Leon

This looks pretty legit to me, notwithstanding the Google post, and the fact that snipped-for-privacy@wooodworking.com isn't listed on the net anywhere. First of all, if you do a reverse lookup of the NNTP-Posting-Host (12.40.187.194), which I believe is set by Google and not spoofable (or at least not trivially so), you'll find it resolves to "rocklercompaniesinc.com," which seems to have the same mailing address, etc. as rockler.com, and to have been registered in 1995. So, if this is a hoax, it's a very good one.

Of course, we won't know for sure until someone talks to their local store and confirms this policy.

-BAT

Reply to
Brett A. Thomas

"Leon" wrote in news:QK6rd.35044$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

They are. But it's a far flung organization, in specialty retail, and that's not at all unusual.

Purchasing and stock levels are pretty tightly centrally controlled.

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

I worked at CompUSA years ago and we could buy at cost.

I don't know about today, but HP laser printers then were sold at or below cost pretty much all the time to the public. It was at times cheaper to buy stuff at retail than buy as an employee.

I seem to recall we were not allowed to buy loss leaders at any of our sales, although friends and family members certainly could.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Dale) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

My Bessy kit arrived Thursday from Amazon for $105.87 and is now proudly hung upon my scrap beech clamp rack.

Alan

Reply to
A Womack