Rockler

I downloaded the software and drivers to support the TV-stick for Windows Media Center from Hauppauges support pages. Then I unplugged the rabbit ears from my tv and hooked them up to my usb device. And hey it works, including 2 weeks of TV-guide info!

A little file sharing, and we'll practically have a DVR!

I need more rabbit ears! I think this "system" needs ot be on my wife's computer. : )

Cheers, Bill

Reply to
Bill

Bill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news6.newsguy.com:

It looks like it uses a software-based encoder. If it works for you, then no problem. You should be able to see how hard your CPU has to work in Task Manager.

Hardware modems are still best. ;-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Following that point of view cost me several hundred dollars over the years at $79 a crack. A crack of lightning that is. I've still got my last one; I would be willing to let you have it for $39.99. Do they still sell them? : ) Maybe it's a "collectable"? : )

Reply to
Bill

Bill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com:

They do still sell them... priced around the $50-70 mark. I decided a software modem would be good enough, especially considering the dual-core nature of the machine I put it in. (Plus, it was free.)

Did you have a surge supressor on your line?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper